Is My Maricopa Home At Risk For Scorpions?
June 15, 2022 - Scorpions
The short answer to this question is absolutely. Maricopa is known for year-round warm weather, and for that reason, scorpions come out seeking more hospitable conditions with food and water. Unfortunately, your home and yard provide the perfect conditions to get the food and moisture they need to survive.
Seeing scorpions in your yard and home is common for most Maricopa homeowners, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a regular occurrence. Call your local Maricopa pest control for safe removal when you see these stinging pests.
Why Scorpions Are A Huge Problem For Maricopa Homeowners
One thing to understand about humans and scorpions is that when they enter our homes, it’s because we’ve impeded their homes. Maricopa is in the desert with the perfect conditions for scorpions. When we settle in their natural habitat, it forces scorpions to seek new homes. Because of this, ongoing scorpion control is essential.
What Attracts Scorpions To Homes?
There are different types of scorpions in Maricopa, but regardless of the species, they enter your home for the same reasons. Let’s take a closer look at what brings them to your home:
- Moisture: Just about every living thing needs water to survive, and that includes scorpions. Scorpions constantly wander through the desert looking for water and eventually enter your home through pipe drains and plumbing. Check your bathroom and kitchen sink areas with caution.
- Food: Scorpions eat other small insects like flies, beetles, and spiders, so if you see scorpions in or around your home, know there’s a good chance you have another pest problem as well. Scorpions have no problem following food into your home.
- Shelter: Scorpions are usually not active during the day because it’s just too hot; they’re more active at night when the sun is down, and the temperature has cooled. Your home provides them with a sheltered, cool environment that keeps them comfortable.
Unfortunately, desert conditions force scorpions to seek shelter in your home. The good news is that there is a way to combat this inevitable occurrence. At Loveall Pest Control, we know all about scorpions and their favorite hiding places in and around your home. Through our safe and effective services, your home will be scorpion-free in no time!
How To Prevent Scorpions Around Your Maricopa Home
To effectively prevent scorpions from entering your property, you must invest in scorpion control services in Maricopa. Once you treat your home and yard, you can then implement these preventive measures:
- Ensure your home is well-ventilated.
- Reduce the clutter in your home.
- Seal cracks or crevices on the exterior and exterior of your home.
- Repair or replace any torn or broken door and window screens.
- Repair any leaking faucets or pipes.
These are great and effective ways to keep scorpions away from your home once you begin proper scorpion treatment.
Why Call Loveall Pest Control For Scorpion Control In Maricopa
The moment you see one scorpion on your Maricopa property, know there are probably more. At Loveall Pest Control, we are family-owned and operated and have over a decade of home pest control services experience. Not only will we eradicate active scorpion infestations in your home, but we’ll stop new ones from forming. We also offer comprehensive commercial pest control in the Maricopa area. Give us a call to get your services started today.