What Maricopa Homeowners Ought To Know About Effective Mouse Control
February 15, 2022 - Mice
Mice are common pests in Maricopa that many homeowners experience at one time or another. The most common species is house mice, which are small and round, about 5 ½ to 7 inches long. They have a skinny tail covered in a layer of velvety fur. This species has light brown to dark gray fur, a pointed muzzle, large ears, small black eyes, and whiskers.
Because mice are so common, you should know more about them and pest control in Maricopa. So keep reading to learn about these pests, how mice in Arizona spread diseases, and what the best way to get rid of mice is.
The Habits & Behaviors Of The Average House Mouse
House mice share many similar habits and behaviors as other rodents. These habits and behaviors include:
- Mice need to chew to keep their teeth from overgrowing.
- They are nocturnal, coming out at night, which is one reason why you might not see them in your home.
- They are not very picky with food, eating just about anything from plants to meat.
- Mice are territorial, which is why you will rarely ever encounter a mouse and rat problem at the same time.
Mice also rely heavily on humans for the resources they need to survive, including shelter from predators. This is why they commonly cause problems for homeowners.
Mice Can Spread Diseases Many Different Ways
If you have a mouse problem in your home, you should know about the different ways this pest can spread diseases and what those diseases are.
The diseases mice spread include but are not limited to hantavirus, Lassa fever, plague, leptospirosis, and salmonellosis. They can spread these diseases in the following ways:
- By coming into contact with one of the pests
- Contamination of food and surfaces
- Leaving feces and urine, which can dry out and turn into dust
It is safe to say a mouse problem in your home is not something you should take lightly. If you are experiencing this pest, you should take immediate steps to get rid of them.
Why Mouse Traps Aren't Enough To Completely Get Rid Of Mice
Many people will rely on traditional mouse traps to get rid of a mouse infestation. Unfortunately, this solution isn't enough to completely eliminate mice from a residential property. This is for several different reasons, including:
- Mice will avoid traps if they have a human scent on them.
- They breed quickly, so even if you catch one or two, there are sure to be many more.
- Mice only need a hole the size of a dime to squeeze through and can chew through most materials, so they will find a way inside if they want to.
Because traps don't treat for the how and why mice are getting into your home, you shouldn't waste your time and money on them. Instead, consider mouse control services performed by knowledgeable professionals.
Why Professional Rodent Control Is The Best Way To Get Rid Of Mice
The best way to get rid of mice in your Maricopa home is with assistance from the pest control experts. For mouse control services in Maricopa, contact us at Loveall Pest Control. We offer the solutions you need when dealing with mice in Arizona.
If you need pest control in Maricopa, you should give us a call at Loveall Pest Control today! We offer an over-the-phone quote so you can get started with the residential and commercial pest management services you need to have a pest-free home.