What To Do About Ants In Your Maricopa Home
May 15, 2022 - Ants
Are ants in Maricopa driving you crazy? It wouldn't be surprising. Ants are the number one pest in the United States. It isn't that they're the worst insects to have in your home—it's that there are so many of them that ant pest problems are very common. If you're currently dealing with ants in your Maricopa home, you could contact us immediately for Maricopa pest control or you could take a few minutes to read this article. The tips provided here may be all you need to stop your ant problem and keep ants out of your home. Read on to learn quick ant identification, how to keep ants out of your house, and what the professionals here at Loveall Pest Control do to stop difficult ant problems and provide ongoing protection from ant infestations.
Identify What Type Of Ant You Are Dealing With
When considering ant control, it is important to know what ant you're dealing with. We have a variety of ant pests, but we're going to zero in on a few that cause specific issues.
- Fire ants are stinging ants that create nests deep in the ground. This can make nest elimination complicated.
- Crazy ants are plentiful ants that can completely cover a yard. Their sheer numbers are what make them hard to deal with.
- Carpenter ants are wood-damaging pests. They create galleries inside wood. Certain species can be difficult to address inside Maricopa homes.
- Odorous house ants are probably the most common home-infesting ants in our area. Their ability to do well inside homes makes them a pain to get out and keep out.
In general, most ants can be easily addressed with the tips we're providing today, but it is important to understand that certain ant species can be more troublesome than others. With this said, let's look at how DIY ant pest control works in Maricopa.
Find Out How Ants Are Getting Into Your Home
If you're looking to learn how to keep ants out of your house, the first step is to seal your exterior. Here are some points of entry to consider.
- Your ant pest control efforts should start with sealing exterior doors. Gaps in weatherstripping, door sweeps, frames, and screens are all common entry points. If you have double doors, these can be even more difficult to seal.
- Another important area to seal is gaps around utilities. All effective ant control problems focus on this troublespot. Use a caulking gun or expanding foam to keep ants out.
- The last place to check is your foundation. Tiny gaps can let ants inside. Use a caulking gun, expanding foam, or a foundation repair kit to seal these.
While it is impossible to fully exclude ants from your home by sealing entry points, this is the first step in effective ant control. Take your time and make sure to do it right.
Remove Things That Attract Ants
Ant control in your house begins with ant control in your yard. If you don't want ants inside your home, you need to know how to keep ants away from your home.
- Remove leaf piles and leaf litter.
- Remove piles of dead branches.
- Remove pests that create honeydew (a sweet food source for ants).
- Keep trash in covered containers and remove odors from containers.
- Reduce insect populations. Some ants eat insects both alive and dead.
These and other general pest maintenance methods are how to keep ants away. When you combine ant control in your yard with sealing entry points, you can reduce ant issues to a level that is below your comfort threshold. When more control is needed, contact Loveall Pest Control for pest control solutions in Maricopa.
Get Professional Ant Control
At Loveall Pest Control, we offer services to arrest indoor infestations and remove ant mounds in the yard, and perimeter protection to keep ants out. If you've had it with ant problems in Maricopa, we understand. Connect with us today for the best ant control solutions possible. We're here to help.